Sunday, April 26, 2009

A New Beginning


Hello and welcome to the very first posting on this blog! I've decided that after having a private blog shared with only a select few for almost 6 years or so, I'm ready to have a blog that can be shared with and viewed by everyone else. Of course, this blog being on a more impersonal level, family matters and personal rantings won't be on the menu but there'll definitely be plenty of personal observations, anecdotes and creative ideas to be shared along the way.

One of the main reasons for having this new blog is to be able to finally have some form of interaction with you guys, where we can get together and hear your thoughts and views of things, instead of you guys just reading about ME, ME and ME.

Most of you would have never read my personal blog, (and let's keep it that way :P) but I think it's only fair that I share with you guys things too (albeit on a less intimate level) since I've read so many of your blogs out there. Just the other day, at a niece's birthday party, my friend, Diha and I mused about how many of the strangers (and especially their kids in tow) there looked so familiar, and then we realised that all along we'd been keeping up with their blogs, so no wonder, but since my blog was only for a select few, they didn't have access to mine. Imagine that: I knew so much about them, but they knew next to nothing about me.

Although this blog would be based on what's going on in MY life, my personal observations of what's going on around me, and whatever I'm going through directly, or indirectly, I think this is one way for us to CONNECT and see that even though we may all be unique individuals in our own right, we do share many things and concerns in common, and at the end of the day, we're not so different after all :)

So join me and let's find out together where this blog takes us, coz heck, I'm not sure where its headed either!
P.S. Pic taken from http://www.flickr.com/photos/acafe/ by the talented Apricot Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment